Great scimitars were larger two-handed versions of the common scimitar. These deadly swords were found primarily in Zakhara, the Land of Fate, where it was often referred to as the "headsman's sword" since it was used by executioners.
A great scimitar was a truly massive sword, weighing on average a pound more than the mighty greatsword. The weapon's mass required two hands to wield properly unless the wielder possessed unnatural strength. The great scimitar's huge blade was curved and designed to cut through enemies.
Notable Great Scimitars
Notable Users of Great Scimitars
- Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 96. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 91. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- David C. Sutherland III and Cynthia K. Felegy (1993). “City of Delights (Monstrous Compendium)”. In Tim Beach, Tom Prusa and Steve Kurtz eds. City of Delights (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-56076-589-5.
- Paul Fraser (February 2000). “Secrets of the Brotherhood of True Flame”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #268 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 50–54.
- Steve Kurtz (1994). Al-Qadim: Cities of Bone: NPC Booklet. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-56076-847.
- Nicky Rea (1994). Corsairs of the Great Sea (Monstrous Compendium Pages). (TSR, Inc). ISBN 978-1560768678.
- Tim Beach, Tom Prusa and Steve Kurtz (1993). Al-Qadim: City of Delights (Golden Huzuz). (TSR, Inc), pp. 47–48. ISBN 1-56076-589-5.