Green hags, also known as swamp hags and river hags, use their magical powers to lure innocents into their traps. They will assume the form of beautiful women and enter a populated area to find a young man or woman to corrupt with vices. They will use their ability to mimic animal noises to lure children into the swamp, where they are captured and devoured.
A green hag is about the same height and weight as a female human. They appear to be ugly crones with twisted bodies and wretched features. Their mouths are filled with rotten teeth, often coming to points which are used to eat humanoid flesh. Their fingers end in long, blackened claws.
Notable Green HagsEdit
- Nanny Pu'pu', a hag who devoured the entire population of the village of Mbala in Chult.
- Jeny Greenteeth, a dweller of the Quivering Forest responsible for the pact between the forest and the city of Phlan.
- Nigel Findley (September 1987). “The Ecology of the Greenhag”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #125 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 10–12.
- F. Wesley Schneider (May 2005). “The Ecology of the Green hag”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #331 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), pp. 56–60.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 143. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 177. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 181. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (August 1983). Monster Manual II 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 71. ISBN 0-88038-031-4.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Matt Forbeck, Sean K. Reynolds (May 2003). Unapproachable East. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 90–91, 94. ISBN 0-7869-2881-6.
- ↑ Christopher Perkins, Will Doyle, Steve Winter (September 19, 2017). Tomb of Annihilation. Edited by Michele Carter, Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 73. ISBN 978-0-7869-6610-3.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (2014-10-03). Tales Trees Tell (DDEX1-8) (PDF). D&D Adventurers League: Tyranny of Dragons (Wizards of the Coast), p. 6.