A groundhog, often called a woodchuck, was a small mammalian creature.
Groundhogs were able to gnaw through wood and trees at a quick rate. They were fairly common.
Woodchucks were somewhat dexterous and were good at hiding, moving silently, and listening. They also had a strong sense of smell.
The little animals were of no threat to humans. Woodchuck pelts were worth about 1 gp each. They were sometimes used as familiars, particularly by gnomes. The red meat of such critters made up a large portion of the diet of aurumvoraxes.
- Video games
- Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 James Wyatt (November 2000). “Unusual Suspects”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #277 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 63.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 244. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 James Butler, Elizabeth T. Danforth, Jean Rabe (1994). Elminster's Ecologies. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-5607-6917-3.
- ↑ BioWare (September 2000). Designed by James Ohlen, Kevin Martens. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Black Isle Studios.
- ↑ Dale "slade" Henson (April 1991). Realmspace. Edited by Gary L. Thomas, Karen S. Boomgarden. (TSR, Inc), p. 37. ISBN 1-56076-052-4.