Hathor (pronounced: /ˈhɑːθɔːr/ HA-thor) was a kind and compassionate member of the Mulhorandi pantheon. Known by the name Hatharia in Thay and that of Hathelya in Unther, she was seen as a caring mother figure to those that followed her.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
AvatarEditHathor usually appeared as a Mulan woman possessing the head of a cow. She typically wore a linen dress and collar, with a moon disk suspended between her curved horns.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Hathor could heal by touch, as well as cause pregnant woman to give birth to twins. She could charm onlookers with simple words and movements, and create milk that could sustain large crowds. She could calm hostile thought with a simple gaze.
Hathor's will was communicated through the actions of animals such as cows, flowing milk, or the words and actions of infants.
- Sights and sounds
- Hathor warned of danger through the sound of a crying infant, and those lost could sometimes find themselves led to their destination by a beam of moonlight.
- Hathor signaled attention to an area by increasing the numbers of hippopotamus sightings there.
Church of HathorEditThe clergy of the church of Hathor was entirely composed of women of Mulan descent. They traveled Mulhorand, dispensing aide where they could and freely giving the goods they possessed to those in need.
The followers of the Nurturing Mother forgoed the construction of temples, and instead built small shrines dedicated to their deity in populated locations. Small shrines to Hathor could also be found in all homes of small children.
Worship of Hathor was most common in the farmlands of Mulhorand, and she was almost ignored by the nobility. Her typical followers were poor and needy, and sought the aide of She Who is There for Those in Need in their difficult lives.
Clerics of Hathor usually wore a white linen dress and collar. They wore wigs over shaved heads and painted three blue circles on their forehead, a sign of priestly calling in Mulhorand. They also preferred to dye their skin white.
Though it was uncommon for the clergy of Hathor to take up arms, they were known to do so in order to benefit communities in need. In those circumstances, they selected equipment that was practical for the situation.
Clerics of Hathor prayed for spells at night, when the moon was at its highest point in the sky.
The church of Hathor supported no known combat-oriented organizations.
- Sisters of the Merciful Mother
- The members of this order had supreme authority to intercede on the behalf of anyone in need.
Celebrations and festivalsEdit
- The Birthing
- Taking place on the day of the first full moon after Greengrass, the joyous celebration symbolizes renewal and new life.
- Celebration of the Moon
- This festival took place on the eve of Midsummer. The followers of Hathor celebrated the length of the day, and the festivities concluded under the moonlight.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 142–143. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 106. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 60–61,299. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 157, 189. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Hal Maclean (September 2004). “Seven Deadly Domains”. In Matthew Sernett ed. Dragon #323 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 65.
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 107. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 108. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
Akadi | Amaunator | Asmodeus | Auril | Azuth | Bane | Beshaba | Bhaal | Chauntea | Cyric | Deneir | Eldath | Gond | Grumbar | Gwaeron | Helm | Hoar | Ilmater | Istishia | Jergal | Kelemvor | Kossuth | Lathander | Leira | Lliira | Loviatar | Malar | Mask | Mielikki | Milil | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Red Knight | Savras | Selûne | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talona | Talos | Tempus | Torm | Tymora | Tyr | Umberlee | Valkur | Waukeen
Abbathor | Berronar Truesilver | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Deep Duerra | Dugmaren Brightmantle | Dumathoin | Gorm Gulthyn | Haela Brightaxe | Laduguer | Marthammor Duin | Moradin | Sharindlar | Vergadain
Aerdrie Faenya | Angharradh | Corellon | Deep Sashelas | Erevan | Fenmarel Mestarine | Hanali Celanil | Labelas Enoreth | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Shevarash | Solonor Thelandira
The Dark Seldarine
Eilistraee | Kiaransalee | Lolth | Selvetarm | Vhaeraun
Arvoreen | Brandobaris | Cyrrollalee | Sheela Peryroyl | Urogalan | Yondalla
Lords of the Golden Hills
Baervan Wildwanderer | Baravar Cloakshadow | Callarduran Smoothhands | Flandal Steelskin | Gaerdal Ironhand | Garl Glittergold | Nebelun | Segojan Earthcaller | Urdlen
Bahgtru | Gruumsh | Ilneval | Luthic | Shargaas | Yurtrus
Anhur | Bast | Geb | Hathor | Horus | Isis | Nephthys | Osiris | Re | Sebek | Set | Thoth
Other gods of Faerûn
Bahamut | Enlil | Finder Wyvernspur | Gilgeam | Lurue | Moander | Nobanion | Tiamat
Greater Gods of Faerûn
Amaunator | Asmodeus | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon | Cyric | Ghaunadaur | Gruumsh | Kelemvor | Lolth | Moradin | Oghma | Selûne | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Tempus | Torm
Gods of Faerûn
Angharradh | Auril | Bahamut | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Garl Glittergold | Gond | Ilmater | Loviatar | Luthic | Malar | Mielikki | Sheela Peryroyl | Sseth | Talona | Tiamat | Tymora | Umberlee | Waukeen | Zehir
Exarchs of Faerûn
Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Bahgtru | Baravar Cloakshadow | Brandobaris | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Sashelas | Dugmaren Brightmantle | Erevan Ilesere | Fenmarel Mestarine | Fzoul Chembryl | Garagos | Hoar | Hruggek | Jergal | Labelas Enoreth | Lliira | Maglubiyet | Malar | Marthammor Duin | Milil | Obould | Red Knight | Sharess | Shargaas | Shevarash | Shiallia | Siamorphe | Solonor Thelandira | Thard Harr | Uthgar | Valkur | Vaprak | Vergadain
Greater Deities of Faerûn
Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla
Intermediate Deities of Faerûn
Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | |Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain
Major Deities of Faerûn
Angharradh | Bane | Bhaal | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Lathander | Moradin | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla
Other Deities of Faerûn
Auppenser | Abbathor | Arvoreen | Auril | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain