This spell allowed a caster to heat metal to various temperatures. A caster could make a piece of metal slightly warm or make it red hot. The spell could be cast underwater, but the caster had to be cautious as the water surrounding the metal would begin to boil if the metal became too hot.[note 1] The spell was very similar to chill metal and in fact cancelled the effects of that spell. In addition, various spells could also cancel the effects of this spell, such as cold, ice storm and Protection from fire, as well as any potion or item that offered a resistance to fire.
- ↑ In Player's Handbook 2nd edition, it states the spell could not be cast underwater and water would cancel the effect of the spell. This is not the case as of Player's Handbook 3.5 edition.
- Drums in the Marsh
- Dungeon #14: "A Question of Balance"
- Dungeon #28: "The Pipes of Doom"
- Dungeon #29: "Nymph's Reward"
- Dungeon #32: "Changeling"
- Dungeon #48: "The Oracle at Sumbar"
- Dungeon #53: "Steelheart"
- Embers of Elmwood
- Quelling the Horde
- Raiders of the Twilight Marsh
- Szith Morcane Unbound
- The Dungeon of Death
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 250. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, Robert J. Schwalb, Adam Lee, Christopher Perkins, Matt Sernett (November 2017). Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 18–19. ISBN 978-0-7869-6612-7.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 239. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 64. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 205. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 261. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 56. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 213. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Doug Stewart (1997). Prayers from the Faithful. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 100–103. ISBN 0-7869-0682-0.