A helmet, or helm, was a piece of armor used for defending the head and face of the wearer. They were used all around Toril and could also be used as martial weapons.
As a weaponEdit
As well as the standard usage of a helmet, to protect the head, they were often used for attacking, mainly by dwarves. Bruenor Battlehammer wore a one-horned helmet, and Ivan Bouldershoulder used a helmet with stag horns attached. Both of them used it to headbutt their foes to push them away, or for raw damage.
- Horned helmet: A standard helmet with bull's horns attached. It dealt high damage when charging a foe with it.
- Spiked helmet: A helmet with a single large spike protruding out of the front. It also dealt high damage when charging a foe. It was less costly than a horned helmet.
- Helm of Spiders
- Helm of Disguise
- Helm of reflection
- Night Helm
- Pegasus helm of Kloeth Ironstar
- Thieving helmet
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 155–156. ISBN 0-7869-2875-1.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (July 2005). Streams of Silver. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1606-0.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (February 2002). Canticle. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1604-4.