The exact location of the Hidden Realm within the Outlands was unknown. No maps existed with any information on the realm's whereabouts. It was speculated that the realm was magically cloaked from detection or located in a demiplane connected to the Outlands via a portal.
The realm itself contained a large crystal tower atop an enormous mountain. From the tower, Annam observed the workings of the multiverse. The tower contained a great orrery, a model of the planes, the stars, and the planets that simulated their movements perfectly and silently.
Annam left his original realm of Gudheim within Jotunheim as a consequence of his pact with Othea to abandon the giants until the glory of Ostoria was restored. He established himself in the Outlands for the duration of his exile.
Rumors & Legends
- Jeff Grubb (May 1995). A Player's Primer to the Outlands. Edited by Ray Vallese. (TSR, Inc.), p. 29. ISBN 0-7869-0121-7.
- Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 160. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- Colin McComb (October 1996). On Hallowed Ground. Edited by Ray Vallese. (TSR, Inc.), p. 175. ISBN 0-7869-0430-5.
- Ray Winninger (September 1995). Giantcraft. Edited by Karen S. Boomgarden. (TSR, Inc.), p. 44. ISBN 0-7869-0163-2.
- Mike Mearls, et al. (November 2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. Edited by Jeremy Crawford, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 19. ISBN 978-0786966011.
Caverns of Thought • Court of Light • Dwarvish Mountain (Deepshaft Hall • Soot Hall • Strongale Hall) • Flowering Hill • Gzemnid's Realm • Hidden Realm • Labyrinth of Life • Marketplace Eternal • Mausoleum of Chronepsis • Palace of Judgement • Semuanya's Bog • Sigil • Sleeping Lands • Tir na Og (Deep Forest • the Great Smithy • House of Knowledge • the Pinnacle • Tir fo Thuinn) • Thoth's Estate • Wonderhome
Automata • Bedlam • Curst • Ecstasy • Excelsior • Faunel • Fortitude • Glorium • Hopeless • Plague-Mort • Ribcage • Rigus • Sylvania • Torch • Tradegate • Xaos