Horror was a necromancy spell that caused all opponents that could not resist to flee in extreme fear. It was similar to the fear spell, but did not operate in a cone shape, and could be cast by less-experienced wizards.
|“||Pure horror is perhaps the greatest equalizer in existence, causing both the weakest and the strongest to lose their courage and flee in cowardice.||”|
|— Passage from Planescape: Torment|
The mage could cast the spell up to 40 feet (12 meters) away. All enemies within a 30-foot (9.1 meter) radius would attempt to run away from the caster in fear. However, some were able to resist the effect on the spell, and undead were not affected at all.
- Video games
- Baldur's Gate
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
- Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
- Icewind Dale
- Icewind Dale II
- Planescape: Torment
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 BioWare (December 1998). Designed by James Ohlen. Baldur's Gate. Black Isle Studios.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Black Isle Studios (June 2000). Designed by Matt Norton. Icewind Dale. Interplay.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Black Isle Studios (December 1999). Designed by Chris Avellone. Planescape: Torment. Interplay.