Generally, ice spiders had snow-white fur and red eyes. They wove webs just as regular giant spiders did, but the webs crystallized very quickly due to the freezing cold temperatures they were exposed to. Therefore, their cocoons appeared to be sheathed in ice.
Like other giant spiders, ice spiders attacked with poisonous bites and restraining targets with their webs. Ice spiders, however, were resistant to all cold-based damage. Even the webs spun by these arachnids were slightly different to that of regular giant spiders. As such, the icy webs inflicted cold damage to any foe entangled by them, but the webs were able to be shattered by bludgeoning weapons.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 328. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Christopher Perkins (September 6, 2016). Storm King's Thunder. Edited by Kim Mohan, Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 127–128. ISBN 978-0786966004.
- Snowblind Studios (December 2001). Designed by Chris Avellone. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Black Isle Studios.
- Ed Greenwood (1987). Waterdeep and the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 6. ISBN 0-88038-490-5.
- Jennell Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 47. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
Magical spiders: Bloodsilk • Electric • Glass • Gaze • Goblin • Pet of Kalistes • Spellgaunt • Steeder
Planar spiders: Demonweb terror • Fire • Myrlochar • Phase • Tomb • Vortex
Constructs: Arachnar • Bone spider • Jade spider • Retriever • Spiderwalker • Stone spider
Creations of Lolth: Abyssal widow • Chwidencha • Drider (Vampire) • Shunned
Outsiders: Bebilith • Darkweaver • Greelox • Inferno spider • Yochlol
Humanoids: Aranea • Chitine • Choldrith • Ettercap • Werespider
Miscellaneous: Kitthix • Neogi • Rhylfang • Susurrus
Undead spiders: Wraith spider