|This requires cleanup.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can. This has been tagged since 19:14, August 1, 2020 (UTC).
An illusionist was a wizard specializing in illusion magic are one of the most well-known wizard variants, valued as entertainers in the world. Many illusionists are flamboyant and outgoing, with a streak of hedonism. More creative than most other wizards or even other arcane spellcasters, illusionists as a rule enjoy art of all forms and are less interested in scholarly research and more so in a hands-on approach through experimentation.
However, illusionists are not merely clowns and can be deadly adversaries when they choose to be. Illusionists use their power to play tricks on their enemies and toy with them, casting illusive images or sounds that confuse and befuddle the mind of a foe, turning their own senses into a weapon against them. Illusion spells created false images and other sensory tricks. Illusionists could make ghostly sounds to distract opponents, conjure illusory beasts, or create a wall that did not actually exist.
Culture[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 7. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 113, 118. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 57. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 45. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 26. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- Jeff Grubb, Ed Greenwood and Karen S. Martin (1987). Forgotten Realms Campaign Set (Cyclopedia of the Realms). (TSR, Inc), p. 8. ISBN 0-8803-8472-7.