Before his coronation, the teenage Imbrar would travel under the alias of "Sarshel of Laviguer". During this time his identity was kept hidden and his life protected by the Knights of Imphras II.
He was crowned on his sixteenth birthday (Marpenoth 24, 1374 DR). He took the throne from the aged Queen-Regent Sambryl, who herself gained power when Imbrar's uncle was killed just before his coronation. Much hope was placed in Imbrar by his subjects that he would reinvigorate Impilturan society. However, he died in 1385 DR, without an heir, the blood of the ill-fated Heltharn Dynasty spent.
- Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds (Nov. 2005). Champions of Valor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 92. ISBN 0-7869-3697-5.
- George Krashos (August 2006). “Impiltur: The Forgotten Kingdom”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #346 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 64.
- Brian R. James, Ed Greenwood (September 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. Edited by Kim Mohan, Penny Williams. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 80. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, Robert J. Schwalb (September 2008). Forgotten Realms Player's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 106. ISBN 978-0-7869-4929-8.
- Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds (Nov. 2005). Champions of Valor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 90. ISBN 0-7869-3697-5.