The Iron Tower was the massive tower-fortress located in the hellish Iron City of Dis. The Tower served as the headquarters of Dispater, the Archdevil of the 2nd realm of the Nine Hells, where the city was located. The tower was heavily guarded and crawled with deadly and wicked traps, all set in place to protect Dispater, who was extremely, and perhaps wisely, paranoid. The tower acted not only his Headquarters, but also his residence, as he almost never left its iron walls, running his city and domain from afar. He was completely untouchable within its iron walls.
The Tower was located in the center of the city of Dis. Its enormous size guaranteed that it could be seen from every location on the layer.
The Iron Tower possessed a number of libraries, in which Dispater spent most of the time.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Steve Perrin (1995). Fires of Dis. Edited by Ray Vallese. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 1–64. ISBN 0-7869-0100-4.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Jeff Grubb, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan (September 2001). Manual of the Planes 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 117. ISBN 0-7869-1850-8.
- ↑ Colin McComb (February 1995). “Baator”. In Michele Carter ed. Planes of Law (TSR, Inc), p. 17. ISBN 0-7869-0093-8.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 64. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (May 29, 2018). Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Edited by Kim Mohan, Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 11. ISBN 978-0786966240.