Irtemara el Eradsari, known as the Dancer Before Dawn, was the high priestess of the Temple of Old Night in Calimport and the highest ranking member of the Church of Shar in the late 14th century DR.
Irtemara was a debaucherous woman known for her love of wild celebrations that left her jaded and for her fickle machinations that resulted in the deaths of many.
Within the hierarchy of the Church of Shar, Irtemara was immediately served by three male priests, who were waiting for her to die so that they could vie for control.
Irtemara had at least two children. She had a daughter who married into el Vyndahla, the third largest criminal family in Calimshan. Irtemara's son-in-law, Kadan el Vyndahla was known as "the Octopus" because his hands were in so many illegal activities.
By her son, Irtemara was the grandmother to Amun el Eradsari. Amun was also a cleric of Shar, and Irtemara delighted in him. Formally, he headed black market operations for el Vyndahla, but, in truth, he was controlled by his grandmother and his uncle.
In addition to her role as high priestess, Irtemara was actively involved in the criminal underworld of Calimport, controlling much of the black market and "enforcer guilds" through her grandson and son-in-law or through pashas and vizars who were secretly Sharran clergy in submission to her. In all, her behind-the-scenes manipulations extended well beyond Calimshan and had resulted in no fewer than six changes of power in various governments across the Realms.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Julia Martin, Eric L. Boyd (March 1996). Faiths & Avatars. (TSR, Inc), p. 141. ISBN 978-0786903849.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Steven E. Schend and Dale Donovan (September 1998). Empires of the Shining Sea. (TSR, Inc), p. 107. ISBN 978-0786912377.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Steven E. Schend (October 1998). Calimport. (TSR, Inc), p. 68. ISBN 0-7869-1238-3.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Steven E. Schend and Dale Donovan (September 1998). Empires of the Shining Sea. (TSR, Inc), p. 108. ISBN 978-0786912377.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend and Dale Donovan (September 1998). Empires of the Shining Sea. (TSR, Inc), p. 72. ISBN 978-0786912377.