During the Second Sundering, Isis and other deities from the pantheon returned in the form of demigods and led the Mulhorandi uprising against the Imaskari, in a manner similar to how the Chosen manifested in other regions. As of 1489 DR, Mulhorand was led by the returned pantheon, who temporarily set their differences aside for the good of the Mulhorandi people.
AvatarEditIsis appears as a Mulan woman in a white linen dress and sandals. She also wears an ornate headdress and jewelry.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Isis can fly and communicate with other members of the Mulhorandi pantheon over great distances. Her voice charms those that hear it, and her will can stun those around her. She can harm her enemies with a simple touch. Those who have known love of another cannot harm the Lady of all Love.
- Ghostly visions
- Isis may appear in a flow of running water to make her wisdom known, or visit and bless two lovers. She may appear before a warrior facing great odds in her service, bestowing upon the man a single kiss.
- Phantom tree
- Isis may appear as a tree that grows and disappears in the length of a single day, signaling the start of the growing season.
- When pleased Isis may appear as a peaceful rain. When angry, she will take on the form of a storm.
Church of IsisEditThe clergy of the church of Isis is primarily composed of women of Mulan descent, though a few half-elves also follow the Bountiful Lady. These priestesses must study arcane magics as well as divine.
Clerics of Isis spend much of their time administering to the agricultural needs of Mulhorand, as well as the needs of typical home life.
Temples dedicated to Isis remain open to the weather, and flowing water is often incorporated in their construction. The center of the church of Isis is the Mystic Cornucopia, located in the Great Vale. Additional major temples include the Temple of Bountiful Joy in Skuld and the Spring of Eternal Hope in Shussel, a city located in the nation of Unther.
Clerics of Isis typically wear a white linen dress with sandals. They usually wear a wig over shaved heads, and paint three blue circles on their forehead as a symbol of their status as a priest of Mulhorand.
When preparing for combat, priestess of Isis tend to shy from the use of armor. They otherwise equip them selves practically for the situation.
Divine spellcasters of Isis pray for spells before the first meal of the day.
Organizations sponsored by the church of Isis assist other through their mastery of magic.
- Sisters of Life
- This order serves with followers of Anhur and Osiris as members of the Guardians of Skuld.
- Shield of the Lady
- These spellcasters join and assist the adventuring companies that operate within Mulhorand.
Celebrations and festivalsEdit
The clergy of the church of Isis celebrate a number of rituals on a daily basis.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 144–145. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 115. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 59–60, 299. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Kim Mohan ed. (2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 41. ISBN 978-0786965809.
- ↑ Hal Maclean (September 2004). “Seven Deadly Domains”. In Matthew Sernett ed. Dragon #323 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 65.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 114. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 117. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 143. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ 10.00 10.01 10.02 10.03 10.04 10.05 10.06 10.07 10.08 10.09 10.10 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 116. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 110. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
Akadi | Amaunator | Asmodeus | Auril | Azuth | Bane | Beshaba | Bhaal | Chauntea | Cyric | Deneir | Eldath | Gond | Grumbar | Gwaeron | Helm | Hoar | Ilmater | Istishia | Jergal | Kelemvor | Kossuth | Lathander | Leira | Lliira | Loviatar | Malar | Mask | Mielikki | Milil | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Red Knight | Savras | Selûne | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talona | Talos | Tempus | Torm | Tymora | Tyr | Umberlee | Valkur | Waukeen
Abbathor | Berronar Truesilver | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Deep Duerra | Dugmaren Brightmantle | Dumathoin | Gorm Gulthyn | Haela Brightaxe | Laduguer | Marthammor Duin | Moradin | Sharindlar | Vergadain
Aerdrie Faenya | Angharradh | Corellon | Deep Sashelas | Erevan | Fenmarel Mestarine | Hanali Celanil | Labelas Enoreth | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Shevarash | Solonor Thelandira
The Dark Seldarine
Eilistraee | Kiaransalee | Lolth | Selvetarm | Vhaeraun
Arvoreen | Brandobaris | Cyrrollalee | Sheela Peryroyl | Urogalan | Yondalla
Lords of the Golden Hills
Baervan Wildwanderer | Baravar Cloakshadow | Callarduran Smoothhands | Flandal Steelskin | Gaerdal Ironhand | Garl Glittergold | Nebelun | Segojan Earthcaller | Urdlen
Bahgtru | Gruumsh | Ilneval | Luthic | Shargaas | Yurtrus
Anhur | Bast | Geb | Hathor | Horus | Isis | Nephthys | Osiris | Re | Sebek | Set | Thoth
Other gods of Faerûn
Bahamut | Enlil | Finder Wyvernspur | Ghaunadaur | Gilgeam | Lurue | Moander | Nobanion | Raven Queen | Tiamat
Greater Gods of Faerûn
Amaunator | Asmodeus | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon | Cyric | Ghaunadaur | Gruumsh | Kelemvor | Lolth | Moradin | Oghma | Selûne | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Tempus | Torm
Gods of Faerûn
Angharradh | Auril | Bahamut | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Garl Glittergold | Gond | Ilmater | Loviatar | Luthic | Malar | Mielikki | Sheela Peryroyl | Sseth | Talona | Tiamat | Tymora | Umberlee | Waukeen | Zehir
Exarchs of Faerûn
Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Bahgtru | Baravar Cloakshadow | Brandobaris | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Sashelas | Dugmaren Brightmantle | Erevan Ilesere | Fenmarel Mestarine | Fzoul Chembryl | Garagos | Hoar | Hruggek | Jergal | Labelas Enoreth | Lliira | Maglubiyet | Malar | Marthammor Duin | Milil | Obould | Red Knight | Sharess | Shargaas | Shevarash | Shiallia | Siamorphe | Solonor Thelandira | Thard Harr | Uthgar | Valkur | Vaprak | Vergadain
Greater Deities of Faerûn
Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla
Intermediate Deities of Faerûn
Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | |Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain
Major Deities of Faerûn
Angharradh | Bane | Bhaal | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Lathander | Moradin | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla
Other Deities of Faerûn
Auppenser | Abbathor | Arvoreen | Auril | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain