Karontor was one of the sons of Annam All-Father, the Father of all true giants, and god of the fomorians and verbeeg.[note 1] His brothers were Grolantor, Stronmaus, Skoraeus, Memnor, Surtr, and Thrym. His sisters were Hiatea, Iallanis, and Diancastra.
Annam banished Karontor for his missdeeds, and the grudge he bore his father in return ran deep.
Karontor was known as the patron deity of the twisted fomorians and verbeegs. Karontor was a purely evil deity. He resided in the plane of Tarterus, ruling a frozen plain of ice, where ever-hungry winter wolves awaited his orders to hunt across the land. It was rumored among the formorians and verbeegs that at one point in time, Karontor was a great and beautiful being. But his greed and jealousy of Stronmaus caused his form to become twisted and deformed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Karontor is only mentioned in passing in a few Realms sources, and does not appear in Giantcraft, so the extent of his worship on Toril remains unclear.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Carl Sargent (May 1992). Monster Mythology. (TSR, Inc), p. 79. ISBN 1-5607-6362-0.
- ↑ Colin McComb (1996). On Hallowed Ground. Edited by Ray Vallese. (TSR, Inc), p. 175. ISBN 0-7869-0430-5.
- ↑ Carl Sargent (May 1992). Monster Mythology. (TSR, Inc), pp. 73–74. ISBN 1-5607-6362-0.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 49. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- ↑ Colin McComb (December 1995). “Liber Malevolentiae”. In Michele Carter ed. Planes of Conflict (TSR, Inc.), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-0309-0.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (1996). Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. (TSR, Inc), p. 95. ISBN 0-7869-0446-1.
- ↑ Troy Denning (September 1995). The Titan of Twilight. (TSR, Inc.), chap. 16. ISBN 0-7869-3798-X.