Karrlon was a male wemic ranger and paladin of Nobanion. He was a scout in the Mindulgulph Mercenary Company, based in Mindulgulph Castle just south of Priapurl on the Dragon Coast, and the founder of the Legion of Lions, a militant religious order devoted to Nobanion the Lion King.
In the 1360s DR, Karrlon went with the Mindulgulph Company to the Eastern Shaar, where they took an extended contract with the gold dwarves of the Great Rift. Their purpose was to study the chances of war in the local Underdark. They were still here at the end of 1367 DR. During this time, Karrlon joined his commander, Gayrlana, and a loxo named Floshwa on a scouting expedition in the Shaar.
- There is a potential conflict here in that Powers & Pantheons implies that Karrlon left the Mindulgulphs prior to founding the Legion of Lions after 1358 DR, yet Gold & Glory depicts Karrlon with the Mindulgulphs in the 1360s, assuming the Shaar expedition is a part of the Great Rift contract. However, it is possible that Karrlon remained with the Mindulgulphs for some time; indeed, Powers & Pantheons states that individual members of the Legion often join other adventuring companies to see the world.
- Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 42–43. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds (Nov. 2005). Champions of Valor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 102. ISBN 0-7869-3697-5.
- Tim Beach (1992). Gold & Glory. (TSR, Inc), pp. 14–15, 35. ISBN 1-56076-334-5.
- Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Jeff Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), A Grand Tour of the Realms. (TSR, Inc), p. 81. ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.