A keening spirit was a type of ghost, created specifically from the spirit of an evil female elf. Known for its constant weeping and groaning, the creature was sometimes referred to as a "groaning spirit". A drow keening spirit was known as a "kiaranshee", after the drow goddess of the undead, Kiaransalee.
It was typically shrouded in white light and emanated a chilling presence. Living beings often felt sick and weak in its proximity.
- Cabrath Nelinderra: A powerful kiaranshee, Cabrath was an undead priestess of Kiaransalee in ghostly form that served as the head priestess in the Acropolis of Thanatos.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 James Wyatt (September 2002). City of the Spider Queen. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 126–127. ISBN 0-7869-1212-X.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 117–118. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Richard Baker and James Wyatt (2004-03-13). Monster Update (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. p. 8. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-10.
- ↑ James Wyatt (September 2002). City of the Spider Queen. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 126. ISBN 0-7869-1212-X.
- ↑ Lisa Smedman (September 2007). Storm of the Dead. (Wizards of the Coast), chap. 11. ISBN 978-0-7869-4701-0.
- ↑ Lisa Smedman (September 2007). Storm of the Dead. (Wizards of the Coast), chap. 12. ISBN 978-0-7869-4701-0.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.