The salve was a magic item that was named after Keoghtom.[note 1] The unguent jar was small, about 3 inches (7.6 centimeters) in diameter and 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) deep. One to three jars were commonly found together. It was a thick mixture that smelt faintly of aloe.
When placed upon a poisoned wound, or swallowed, it detoxified poisons and diseases. If rubbed on the body, it healed moderate wounds. For those who could not be cured by restorative spells, either rest or a magical item such as this ointment had to be used.
- ↑ The hero-deity of Oerth who befriended Mordenkainen and traveled the Astral Sea. He mainly appeared in the Greyhawk campaign setting.
- Trading card games
- Video games
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 179. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1979). Dungeon Masters Guide 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 123. ISBN 0-9356-9602-4.
- ↑ Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 261. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Gary Gygax (1979). Dungeon Masters Guide 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 149. ISBN 0-9356-9602-4.
- ↑ John Terra (February 1996). Warriors and Priests of the Realms. Edited by Steven E. Schend. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-0368-6.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 126. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.