|This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
Labelas Enoreth (pronounced: /læbɛlɑːs ˈɛnɔːrɛθ/ læb-el-as EN-or-eth), or the Lord of the Continuum, was the chaotic good elven deity who governed the orderly passage of time and guarded against those who would alter the path of history. Together with Sehanine Moonbow, he oversaw the long life span of the elves and their lives after they had left the mortal realms. His symbol was the setting sun.
Labelas manifested as an androgynous elf with silver-colored hair and a single misty gray eye - the other was covered by an eyepatch. He wore multi-colored robes of blue, gray, green and white. On rare occasions, he appeared as a mist that aged or, more commonly, revitalized creatures and objects he enveloped.
He was a philosopher, a patient teacher, and an instructor who gave wisdom and knowledge to young and old alike. Labelas showed his desires through subtle means and rewarded those who pleased him with rare gems and valuable stones.
Labelas's divine realm was known as the Vanishing Tower. For the vast majority of the time, the Vanishing Tower was not visible on Arvandor. A few believed it to be invisible, but the more common theory was that it resided on a demiplane of some kind. When the Tower could be seen, it was considered an omen of great or perilous times ahead.
Labelas could place creatures into stasis merely by looking at them. He could restore or age a creature by up to one hundred years by touching them. If a creature had managed to travel through time, Labelas could restore them to their proper place in the timeline. He also slowed any hostile creature within forty yards of him. Magic cast upon him that interfered with time had no effect.
Labelas wielded the Timestave, a magical quarterstaff that aged or rejuvenated those who were hit with it, at the discretion of the wielder.
He was often praised but rarely invoked. Those who worshiped him were those with an interest in ideas and knowledge, and the changes wrought by the passage of time: sages, historians, philosophers, and librarians.
Labelas's priests were responsible for educating the young and promoting and acquiring knowledge. They were also record keepers and historians. They met in groves at sunset to pray, meditate, and mark the passing of another day by sharing prayers and knowledge. His clerics typically dress in light gray robes.
Labelas had good relations with the rest of the Seldarine, though he could get impatient with Erevan Ilesere's tricks. He was closely allied with Mystra, both in her previous aspect as Mystryl the human god of time and in her current aspect as the Lady of Mysteries. He also was considered an ally of several gods concerned with knowledge - Deneir, Milil, Oghma and Savras; as well as the dragon god Null, in his aspect of the Guardian of the Lost; the naga deity Shekinester; and the halfling deity Cyrrollalee.
The White Stag of Labelas was another of the god's servants who appeared whenever elves needed guidance, though it had only ever been recorded as appearing on Evermeet.
Before its fall, the realm of Orva worshiped Labelas as Chronos, the god of time.
During the Time of Troubles, Labelas Enoreth possessed the body of one of his clerics, Vartan Hai Sylvar. Driven mad by his banishment from his home plane of Arvandor, he committed a number of heinous deeds that caused Vartan to begin questioning his faith towards his god and creating a large deal of hostility from his party towards the deity. After the Time of Troubles came to end, however, a contrite Labelas made attempts to make amends with Vartan and his party. Due to Labelas' show of remorse, Vartan accepted him as his god again, becoming the Chosen of Labelas.
Rumors and Legends
The reason Labelas appears to only have one eye, is that he traded one in exchange for the ability to see through the timestream.
- Roger E. Moore and Georgia Moore (April 1982). “All About Elves: The gods of the elves”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #60 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 9–12.
- Roger E. Moore (April 1982). “All About Elves: The elven point of view”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #60 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 6–8.
- Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 142–144.. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 128.. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- Gary Gygax (August, 1985). Unearthed Arcana (1st edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 114.. ISBN 0880380845.
- Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 117. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 128. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- Thomas E. Rinschler (2001-06-06). Deities (PDF). Wizards of the Coast. p. 7. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2017-07-23.
- Steven E. Schend and Kevin Melka (1998). Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves. (TSR, Inc), p. 91. ISBN 0-7069-0761-4.
- Steve Kenson, et al. (November 2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 23, 125–126. ISBN 978-0-7869-6580-9.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (May 29, 2018). Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Edited by Kim Mohan, Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 43. ISBN 978-0786966240.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 59–60. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. Edited by Jennifer Clarke Wilkes, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 62, 81. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 238. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 144. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- Hal Maclean (May 2007). “Seven Saintly Domains”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #355 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 26.
- Chris Perry (December 1996). “The Seldarine Revisited”. In Pierce Watters ed. Dragon #236 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 11–17, 25.
- Carl Sargent (May 1992). Monster Mythology. (TSR, Inc), p. 25. ISBN 1-5607-6362-0.
- Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 117–119. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- Gary Gygax (August, 1985). Unearthed Arcana (1st edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 114. ISBN 0880380845.
- Frank Mentzer (January 1985). “Ay pronunseeAYshun gyd”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #93 (TSR, Inc.), p. 28.
- Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 117. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
Akadi | Amaunator | Asmodeus | Auril | Azuth | Bane | Beshaba | Bhaal | Chauntea | Cyric | Deneir | Eldath | Gond | Grumbar | Gwaeron | Helm | Hoar | Ilmater | Istishia | Jergal | Kelemvor | Kossuth | Lathander | Leira | Lliira | Loviatar | Malar | Mask | Mielikki | Milil | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Red Knight | Savras | Selûne | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talona | Talos | Tempus | Torm | Tymora | Tyr | Umberlee | Valkur | Waukeen
Abbathor | Berronar Truesilver | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Deep Duerra | Dugmaren Brightmantle | Dumathoin | Gorm Gulthyn | Haela Brightaxe | Laduguer | Marthammor Duin | Moradin | Sharindlar | Vergadain
Aerdrie Faenya | Angharradh | Corellon | Deep Sashelas | Erevan | Fenmarel Mestarine | Hanali Celanil | Labelas Enoreth | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Shevarash | Solonor Thelandira
The Dark Seldarine
Eilistraee | Kiaransalee | Lolth | Selvetarm | Vhaeraun
Arvoreen | Brandobaris | Cyrrollalee | Sheela Peryroyl | Urogalan | Yondalla
Lords of the Golden Hills
Baervan Wildwanderer | Baravar Cloakshadow | Callarduran Smoothhands | Flandal Steelskin | Gaerdal Ironhand | Garl Glittergold | Nebelun | Segojan Earthcaller | Urdlen
Bahgtru | Gruumsh | Ilneval | Luthic | Shargaas | Yurtrus
Anhur | Bast | Geb | Hathor | Horus | Isis | Nephthys | Osiris | Re | Sebek | Set | Thoth
Other gods of Faerûn
Bahamut | Enlil | Finder Wyvernspur | Ghaunadaur | Gilgeam | Lurue | Moander | Nobanion | Raven Queen | Tiamat
Greater Gods of Faerûn
Amaunator | Asmodeus | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon | Cyric | Ghaunadaur | Gruumsh | Kelemvor | Lolth | Moradin | Oghma | Selûne | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Tempus | Torm
Gods of Faerûn
Angharradh | Auril | Bahamut | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Garl Glittergold | Gond | Ilmater | Loviatar | Luthic | Malar | Mielikki | Sheela Peryroyl | Sseth | Talona | Tiamat | Tymora | Umberlee | Waukeen | Zehir
Exarchs of Faerûn
Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Bahgtru | Baravar Cloakshadow | Brandobaris | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Sashelas | Dugmaren Brightmantle | Erevan Ilesere | Fenmarel Mestarine | Fzoul Chembryl | Garagos | Hoar | Hruggek | Jergal | Labelas Enoreth | Lliira | Maglubiyet | Malar | Marthammor Duin | Milil | Obould | Red Knight | Sharess | Shargaas | Shevarash | Shiallia | Siamorphe | Solonor Thelandira | Thard Harr | Uthgar | Valkur | Vaprak | Vergadain
Greater Deities of Faerûn
Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla
Intermediate Deities of Faerûn
Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain
Major Deities of Faerûn
Angharradh | Bane | Bhaal | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Lathander | Moradin | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla
Other Deities of Faerûn
Auppenser | Abbathor | Arvoreen | Auril | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain