Lacedons (pronounced: /ˈlɑːsɛdɑːnz/ LAS-e-danz) were an aquatic type of ghoul. Similar to ghouls in all other respects, they were distinguished by their natural ability to swim as well as they could walk.
They were found only in water, usually prowling near unseen reefs and other dangerous locations where boats and ships were at risk of sinking.
Arklem Greeth, a lich who long ruled in the Host Tower of Luskan, commanded a group of lacedon to ambush a fleet of supply ships from Waterdeep en route to the war-torn city of Luskan. Greeth used the lacedon to intercept the supply ship caravan in order to keep the people of Luskan hungry and desperate in retaliation for Captain Deudermont driving him from the city.
- ↑ Benoit de Bernardy (2018). A Lesson in Love (DDAL07-11) (PDF). D&D Adventurers League: Tomb of Annihilation (Wizards of the Coast), p. 22.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 119. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1999). Sea of Fallen Stars. (TSR, Inc), p. 184. ISBN 0-7869-1393-2.
- ↑ Frank Mentzer (January 1985). “Ay pronunseeAYshun gyd”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #93 (TSR, Inc.), p. 28.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1999). Sea of Fallen Stars. (TSR, Inc), p. 74. ISBN 0-7869-1393-2.
- ↑ Richard Lee Byers (April 2007). Unclean. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 80. ISBN 978-0-7869-4258-9.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1999). Sea of Fallen Stars. (TSR, Inc), pp. 43–44. ISBN 0-7869-1393-2.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1999). Sea of Fallen Stars. (TSR, Inc), p. 139. ISBN 0-7869-1393-2.