Lisa Smedman is the author of several novels and co-author of many sourcebooks. She has had a number of short science fiction and fantasy stories published in various magazines and anthologies, and has had two of her plays produced. In 1993 she was a finalist in the Writers of the Future contest.
Formerly a magazine editor, she now splits her week between working as a reporter/editor at a weekly newspaper and writing fiction. When not working or gaming, she enjoys hiking and camping with a women's outdoor club and collects stamps that illustrate the space race. She lives in Vancouver with her partner and spends much of her time catering to the needs of their "blended family" of cats.
Forgotten Realms Works
- Sembia: Gateway to the Realms series, 2002
- Heirs of Prophecy, book V
- Realms of the Dragons anthology, 2004
- "Standard Delving Procedure" short story
- War of the Spider Queen series, 2004
- Extinction, book IV
- The Lady Penitent trilogy
- House of Serpents Trilogy
- The Halls of Stormweather
- Realms of Shadow anthology
- "Trial by Ordeal" short story
- Realms of War anthology
- "Weasel's Run" short story