|FRWiki has an article about|
The Tymanther region of Living Forgotten Realms is mapped onto the south-western United States, including the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
At a Glance Edit
|Point of Contact||Travis Wolcott|
|Writing Director||Jeff Hertel|
|Events Manager||Konrad Brandemuhl|
Yahoo Group Edit
From long-standing practice, Living campaigns and the regions within have a Yahoo group for members to discuss current ongoings. It's a convenient mechanism for players to talk amongst themselves and also the campaign staff.
The Yahoo group for Tymanther is "LFR-Tymanther": http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/LFR-Tymanther/
The Wizards Community site: http://community.wizards.com/lfrtymanther
The spellplague wrought much change on Faerûn, and the lands of ancient Unther was no exception to this. A portal to the forgotten world of Abeir, of Abeir-Toril namesake, opened up all over the lands along the coast of the Alamber Sea, from the Riders to the Sky mountains all the way to the Black Ash Plain. The collision of these two worlds caused huge upheaval and drastic changes in the landmass, devastating all of Unther's cities. The aeries and castles of the dragonborn from Abeir were deposited amid the newly devastated Unther.
The dragonborn, a militaristic people, quickly set about claiming their new homeland. Where once the nation of Unther stood now stands an arid mesa-land with floating motes of land in the sky. The newly named area of Tymanther now lies on top of the ruins of Unther, with its promise of gold, gems, and ancient magic that await to be discovered. Furthermore, there also exist dragonborn ruins, wrenched from the land of Abeir, that also draw forth adventurers and opportunistic-minded people. However these ruins, and much of the land, are dangerous to travel through as strange and powerful monsters have also decided to settle in the largely unoccupied lands.
People and Culture Edit
The people of Tymanther are dragonborn, brought here from Abeir (Toril's forgotten sister world) by the spellplague. They are highly militaristic, and the lieges of this land are those who have proven themselves most capable in that regard. The kingdom of Tymanther is actually organized into clans, rather than noble houses, though the clans themselves often resemble an army more than anything else.
The dragonborn of Tymanther have a deep hatred of true dragons, for in their past world of Abeir they fought terrible wars against them.
- A frontier village on the outskirts of Tymanther needs help with a reconnaissance mission. The dragonborn do not often look to outsiders, so this is a good chance to learn about the fate of Unther… and meet the new neighbors. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Tymanther for characters levels 1-4.
- Available now.
- In the outlying village of Ruinspoke, something or someone is taking the livestock. Others have attempted to investigate, but they have not returned. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Tymanther for characters levels 4-7.
- Available Nov 12, 2008.
- You are asked to investigate the theft of caravan goods in the village of Ruinspoke. Aside from the monetary value of the stolen items, the reputation and prestige of House Jalt are at stake. Sometimes an accident is just an accident, and sometimes it's a clue to something far more sinister. Adventuring isn't the only dangerous profession. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Tymanther for characters levels 7-10.
- Available March 18, 2009.
- A secret cabal seeks an artifact of unknown power in the ruins of ancient Unthalass. Unfortunately, the only dragonborn in all of Djerad Thymar with the knowledge to stop them has been declared outcast by his own House. Can you trust one who has already proven himself untrustworthy long enough to keep the relic out of the grasping hands of the cabal? A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Tymanther for characters levels 4-7.
- Available May 13, 2009.
- When an annoying dwarf goes missing, nobody in Ruinspoke really cares. Well, nobody except a fellow dwarf, that is. But it takes more than just one dwarf to mount a rescue mission... A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Tymanther for characters levels 1-4.
- Available July 1, 2009.