Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations is an accessory for the 3.5th-edition of Dungeons & Dragons® ruleset.
Trembling hands have recorded horrifying stories of encounters with aboleths, beholders, mind flayers, and other aberrations. The victims of these alien creatures are quickly overwhelmed by mind-numbing terror—their only comfort is the hope for a quick death.
This supplement for the D&D game presents a comprehensive look at some of the most bizarre creatures ever to invade the world of fantasy roleplaying. Along with information about the physiology, psychology, society, and schemes of these strange beings, you’ll find spells, feats, tactics, and tools commonly employed by those who hunt them. Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations also provides new rules, prestige classes, monsters, sample encounters, and fully developed NPCs ready to instill fear in any hero.
- Chapter 1: What is an Aberration?
- Chapter 2: The Deep Masters
- Chapter 3: The Eye Tyrants
- Chapter 4: The Mind Flayers
- Chapter 5: The Slave Takers
- Chapter 6: The Eaters
- Chapter 7: The Wearers of Flesh
- Chapter 8: New Monsters
- Chapter 9: The Aberration Hunters
Lords of Madness includes new content for aberrations including new aberration monsters and monsters related to them, and information on how to hunt aberrations.
- Designers: Richard Baker, James Jacobs, Steve Winter,
- Development Team: Micahel Donais, Andy Collins
- Editors: Michele Carter, Ray Vallese
- Managing Editor: Kim Mohan, Chris Thomasson
- Design Manager: Christopher Perkins
- Development Manager: Jesse Decker
- Senior Art Director RPG: Stacy Longstreet
- Director of RPG R&D: Bill Slavicsek
- Production Managers: Josh C.J. Fischer, Randall Crews
- Art Director D&D: Dawn Murin
- Cover Artists: Wayne England, Ed Cox
- Interior Artists: Steve Belledin, Mitch Cotie, Ed Cox, Dennis Crabapple McClain, Steve Ellis, Wayne England, Colin Fix, Dana Knutson, Doug Kovacs, Chuck Lukacs, Jim Nelson, Michael Phillippi, Wayne Reynolds, Richard Sardinha, Dan Scott, Ron Spencer
- Graphic Designer: Dee Barnett
- Cartographer: Deniis Kauth
- Graphic Production Specialist: Angelina Lokotz
- Image Technician: Jason Wiley
- Lords of Madness Art Gallery. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2015-10-02. Retrieved on 2020-07-18.
- Darrin Drader (2005-05-20). The Flow of Fresh Brains. Web Enhancement for Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.
- Excerpts: Lords of Madness (HTML). Excerpts Archive. Wizards of the Coast. (2005-04-08). Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2021-12-18.
- Dungeon Masters Guild product page