The Lords of the Golden Hills was the collective name given to the gnome pantheon. It consisted of the gnomish gods that resided on the plane of the Golden Hills, and Urdlen. The pantheon, led by Garl Glittergold, consisted of:
- Garl Glittergold, greater god of luck, humor, trickery, and gems; the leader of the gnomish pantheon.
- Callarduran Smoothhands, intermediate god of stone, mining, and the svirfneblin.
- Segojan Earthcaller, intermediate god of death, earth and nature (in the Underdark).
- Flandal Steelskin, intermediate god of smithing and metalworking.
- Baervan Wildwanderer, intermediate god of nature, travel, and forests.
- Baravar Cloakshadow, lesser god of illusion and deception.
- Gaerdal Ironhand, lesser god of vigilance, defense, and combat.
- Nebelun the Meddler, god of invention, construction and luck; in the Realms an aspect of Gond.
- Urdlen, lesser god of bloodlust, evil, hatred, and destruction; the only evil deity in the gnomish pantheon.
Legends spoke of the existence of several goddesses in the gnomish pantheon, but their stories were long lost to history. There was a tradition among gnomish youth to claim divine inspiration to go in search of the Ladies of the Golden Hills, rather than admit that adventure was calling them to leave their close-knit gnomish families.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kim Mohan ed. (2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 24,115. ISBN 978-0786965809.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 166. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 188. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- ↑ Colin McComb (1996). On Hallowed Ground. (TSR, Inc), p. 110. ISBN 0-7869-0430-5.
- ↑ Julia Martin, Eric L. Boyd (March 1996). Faiths & Avatars. (TSR, Inc), p. 62. ISBN 978-0786903849.