These mountains, full of forests, dominated the north-western area of the High Forest. The Dessarin River originated from these mountain peaks. And they were located roughly 500 miles (800 kilometers) northeast of Waterdeep.
A dwarven fortress once laid under the Lost Peaks. thousand years prior to the 14th century DR, some curse or an epidemic occurred in this area, exterminating the entire dwarven population whose remains were found next to their forge and in their homes.
- slade, et al. (April 1996). “The Wilderness”. In James Butler ed. The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (TSR, Inc.), p. 54. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- Ed Greenwood (1987). Waterdeep and the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 4. ISBN 0-88038-490-5.
- Jennell Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 46. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 13. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 28. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 166. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
|This Realmslore article about a geographical location is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|