A louse, more commonly known by its plural lice, was a type of pest that caused an itching sensation on one's skin.
Species[edit | edit source]
- Hell louse
- A species of lice that were native to the plane of Malbolge. They had a white carapace and could reach gigantic proportions. They were typically found in that plane's Hair Forest.
- Wizard lice
- A species of magical lice that were native to the land of Zakhara.
Ecology[edit | edit source]
Habitats[edit | edit source]
Relationships[edit | edit source]
The people of the Plain of Horses, owing to their peaceful nature, were some of the few intelligent creatures in the Realms who didn't seek to eradicate lice. Instead they merely plucked the pest from their clothes and placed it back on the ground.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Camping spots infested with lice were one of the many unfortunate things that could occur as a result of the minor curse of a killmoulis.
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Gary Gygax (August, 1985). Unearthed Arcana (1st edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 49. ISBN 0880380845.
- Robin D. Laws, Robert J. Schwalb (December 2006). Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 62, 64. ISBN 0-7869-3940-0.
- James Butler, Elizabeth T. Danforth, Jean Rabe (September 1994). “Cormanthor”. In Karen S. Boomgarden ed. Elminster's Ecologies (TSR, Inc), p. 10. ISBN 1-5607-6917-3.
- Ed Greenwood (November 1998). The City of Ravens Bluff. (TSR, Inc), p. 72. ISBN 0-7869-1195-6.
- Christopher Perkins (September 2005). Sons of Gruumsh. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 23. ISBN 0-7869-3698-3.
- Richard Baker, Eric L. Boyd, Thomas M. Reid (July 2007). Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 31. ISBN 07-8694-039-5.
- Mike Pondsmith, Jay Batista, Rick Swan, John Nephew, Deborah Christian (1988). Kara-Tur: The Eastern Realms (Volume I). (TSR, Inc), p. 84. ISBN 0-88038-608-8.
- Rick Swan et al. (1990). Monstrous Compendium Dragonlance Appendix. Edited by Mike Breault. (TSR, Inc.), p. 65. ISBN 0-88038-822-6.
- Greenwood, Martin, Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), Monstrous Compendium. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.
- Johnathan M. Richards (December 1998). “The Ecology of the Cyclopskin”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #254 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 102–108.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 125. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- Mike Mearls, Bart Carroll, Bill Benham (December 2019). Mordenkainen's Fiendish Folio, Volume 1: Monsters Malevolent and Benign. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 13.