Description[edit | edit source]
Lutes typically had a round back, so they rested easily on the player's stomach. Doubled strings could be used to emit a fuller sound, and these were easily tuned by pegs.
Availability[edit | edit source]
Notable Lutes[edit | edit source]
- Calliope's enchanted lute: an old and rugged magical lute owned by Calliope in the late 15th century DR.
- Doss lute: One of the seven Instruments of the Bards, this superior magical lute was capable of channeling spells when played.
Notable Users[edit | edit source]
Groups[edit | edit source]
- Lutes were popular instruments for minstrels playing in royal courts and were known to be played as far north as Sundabar.
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Drake Bluenote, a member of the bardic group Adagio Jones and The Goodwinds, occasionally played the lute ballads and songs done by the string ensemble.
Appendix[edit | edit source]
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
See Also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Video Games
- Warriors of Waterdeep
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 52, 154. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Jeff Grubb, Julia Martin, Steven E. Schend et al (1992). Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. (TSR, Inc), p. 21. ISBN 0-5607-6327-2.
- Robert A. Nelson (January 1987). “Dungeoneer's Shopping Guide”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #117 (TSR, Inc.), p. 22.
- Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, James Wyatt (March 2009). Player's Handbook 2. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 197. ISBN 0-7869-5016-4.
- Kim Mohan ed. (2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 124. ISBN 978-0786965809.
- Ed Greenwood (January 1993). Volo's Guide to Waterdeep. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 16–17. ISBN 1-56076-335-3.
- Ludia (May 2019). Designed by Stephen David Wark, et al. Warriors of Waterdeep. Ludia.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 176. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- Tim Beach (July 1990). “The New Rogues Gallery: Adagio Jones and The Goodwinds”. In Jean Rabe ed. Polyhedron #54 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 8–9.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.