Maddgoth's Castle was the seventh level of Undermountain. It was named after a miniature, 1:12-scale fortress in one of its caverns. The castle served as a base of operations for a serial killer called Maddgoth, who specialized in bringing home wizards and killing them. He was known to be very old, although it was unclear if he was an archmage who had prolonged his life with potions of longevity or a lich. Anyone who entered the castle shrank to one-twelfth their normal size.
The following ways could be used to leave this level:
- A tunnel in the south-east corner of the level led to level 8, Slitherswamp.
- A tunnel in the north-west corner of this level led to level 6, the Lost Level.
- An archgate in a storeroom led to level 9, Dweomercore.
- A mirror gate to level 10, Murial's Gauntlet.
- Stone Giants
- Circa 1483 DR, Halaster Blackcloak lured a family of stone giants, and cursed them to remember nothing of their past lives and even anything that had happened over eight hours previously. They were unaware of the castle.
- Otto the Faerie Dragon
- A violet faerie dragon named Otto was drawn here by Halaster Blackcloak's magic. Upon its discovery of the tiny castle, it moved in, and never shrank, although it was still fairly comfortable inside.
- Maddgoth's Homunculus
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Christopher Perkins (November 2018). Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage. Edited by Jeremy Crawford. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 95. ISBN 978-0-7869-6626-4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Christopher Perkins (November 2018). Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage. Edited by Jeremy Crawford. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 97. ISBN 978-0-7869-6626-4.
- ↑ Christopher Perkins (November 2018). Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage. Edited by Jeremy Crawford. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 102. ISBN 978-0-7869-6626-4.
Upper Levels: Dungeon Level • Arcane Chambers • Sargauth Level
Sublevels: Citadel of the Bloody Hand
The Gauntlet Below: Caverns of Ooze • Terminus Level • Mad Wizard's Lair
Sublevels: Runestone Caverns • Shadowdusk Hold