Maer Dualdon was once the main objective for everyone that made the trek to Icewind Dale.
The towns of Bremen, Targos, Termalaine, and Lonelywood were situated on its silvery banks. Boats from these towns regularly skilled the lakes surfacing, competing with one another for the daily catch.
Circa 1269 DR the Accursed Tower of Damien Morienus, a former master of the Host Tower of the Arcane, stood on the western bank of the lake across from Lonelywood. It disappeared during the event called the Great Thaw, later in 1369 DR the tower was discovered by a group of adventurers, sunken deep into the ground, still accessible via the circle of stones on Maer Dualdon's bank (actually the top part of one of the tower's spires).
- The Accursed Tower
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ed Greenwood (1993). Volo's Guide to the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 149. ISBN 1-5607-6678-6.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 R.A. Salvatore, Jeffrey Ludwig, Matthew Sernett, James Wyatt (November 19, 2013). “Campaign Book”. Legacy of the Crystal Shard (Wizards of the Coast), p. 29. ISBN 978-0-7869-6464-2.
- ↑ Christopher Perkins (September 2020). Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 12. ISBN 978-0786966981.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (July 2003). The Thousand Orcs. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 125. ISBN 978-0786929801.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 slade (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (Cities and Civilization). (TSR, Inc), p. 29. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 R.A. Salvatore (March 2005). The Crystal Shard. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 79–82. ISBN 0-7869-1606-0.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore, Jeffrey Ludwig, Matthew Sernett, James Wyatt (November 19, 2013). “Campaign Book”. Legacy of the Crystal Shard (Wizards of the Coast), p. 30. ISBN 978-0-7869-6464-2.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore and The Seven Swords (1999). The Accursed Tower. (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-7869-1337-1.