Marrash possessed the body of a man with the wings and feet of a large bird. Their heads appeared like those of jackals. They spoke with a screeching voice.
Marrash were deadly aerial combatants, capable of powerful bow attacks using their clawed feet. Their arrows were usually barbed or diseased. Victims effected by this disease usually perished.
To spread their populations, marrash used special diseased taklif arrows that appeared to infect a target with the same deadly disease. Victims of these arrows died within one day if left untreated. The growing marrashi consumed the soul of the victim until they died. If buried, the corpse would slowly be transformed into a new marrashi within one week. The new marrashi often retained memories from the victim.
Once summoned, a marrashi would attempt to increase their numbers in secrecy with the hopes that their offspring would avenge their servitude.
- Ed Bonny, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Skip Williams, and Steve Winter (September 2002). Monster Manual II 3rd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 145. ISBN 07-8692-873-5.
- Wolfgang Baur (1993). Assassin Mountain: Monstrous Compendium Pages. (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 9-781560-765646.
- David Wise ed. (December 1994). Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 156076838X.
- Brian R. James, Ed Greenwood (September 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. Edited by Kim Mohan, Penny Williams. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 8. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 157. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel (July 2004). Planar Handbook. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 191. ISBN 0-7869-3429-8.
- Wolfgang Baur (November 1997). “Campaign Classics: The Roof of the World”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #241 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 88–95.
Achaierai • Barghest • Canomorph (Haraknin • Shadurakul) • Hell hound • Hordling • Howler • Larva • Maelephant • Marrashi • Night hag • Nightmare • Rakshasa • Succubus • Vargouille • Yeth hound
Fiendish creature • Half-fiend (Alu-fiend • Cambion • Draegloth • Durzagon) • Tiefling (Fey'ri • Maeluth • Tanarukk)