Mauls had wedge-shaped heads and a cutting side resembling an axe, though with a thicker, blunter blade. For splitting wood, this tool was considered much better than a typical axe. Their weight was more advantageous and due to their width, it was difficult for them to become stuck in the wood. When used in combat, this heavy weapon was wielded in two hands.
- Great Mallet of Silvanus, preferred weapon of the nature god Silvanus.
- Maul of Brutal Endings, preferred weapon of the demon lord, Kostchtchie.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 149. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 97. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 218. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 65. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Brian R. James, Steve Townshend (July 2010). Demonomicon. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 122. ISBN 978-0786954926.