Maximilian's earthen grasp was a transmutation spell that caused the earth itself to grab and restrain a target. To Zakharan mages, always reluctant to acknowledge ajami names and accomplishments, the spell was known simply as earthen grasp, and counted among the spells of the province of sand.
The spell caused a human-sized hand made of compacted earth to appear within a range of 30 feet (9.1 meters) from the caster. It then grabbed a specified target creature, restraining and crushing it. The hand could be directed to move to a new target within range and lasted for up to one minute, as long as the caster kept concentrating on the spell.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, Robert J. Schwalb, Adam Lee, Christopher Perkins, Matt Sernett (November 2017). Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 148–149, 161. ISBN 978-0-7869-6612-7.
- ↑ Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 22. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), pp. 180, 183. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), p. 124. ISBN 978-1560768289.
- ↑ Curtis Scott (1992). The Complete Spacefarer's Handbook. Edited by Barbara G. Young. (TSR, Inc.), p. 206. ISBN 1-56076-347-7.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 151, 203. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.