Maya was the youngest of the three daughters of Malice Do'Urden.
In 1297 DR, when House Do'Urden attacked House DeVir, Maya was connected to her brother Nalfein Do'Urden and felt the moment he died. She notified her family, thus saving newborn Drizzt Do'Urden, who was about to be sacrificed due to his status as the third living son. However, with Nalfein's death, Drizzt was spared, as he was then the second living son.
Maya was involved in Drizzt's first test to teach him the way of the drow: Maya brought her "champion," Byuchyuch (a goblin transformed into a drow warrior]], to challenge Drizzt. Drizzt defeated Byuchyuch easily, but was forced to kill him. Maya then attacked him with her mace; he struck her back and was severely punished because males were not allowed to ever strike females.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Brian R. James, Eric Menge (August 2012). Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 39. ISBN 978-0786960361.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (1992). Menzoberranzan (The House Do'Urden Retrospective). Edited by Karen S. Boomgarden. (TSR, Inc), p. 5. ISBN 1-5607-6460-0.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 R.A. Salvatore (December 2005). Homeland. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-3953-2.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 R.A. Salvatore (September 1990). Homeland. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 115–116. ISBN 0-1401-4372-6.
- ↑ Philip Athans (2008). A Reader's Guide to R. A. Salvatore's the Legend of Drizzt. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 61. ISBN 0-7869-4915-5.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (September 1990). Homeland. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 112–116. ISBN 0-1401-4372-6.