The caster would conjure forth a labyrinth of force planes, and the target of the spell vanished into it. The subject could attempt to escape the trappings of the maze; the difficulty of this effort was inversely proportional to their level of intelligence. If the subject didn't attempt to escape, the maze disappeared after 10 minutes, forcing the subject to leave. On leaving the maze, the subject reappeared in the spot it had been in when the spell was cast. If this spot was filled with a solid object, the subject appeared nearby.
Spells and abilities that moved a creature within a plane, such as teleport and dimension door, did not help a creature escape a maze spell, although a plane shift spell allowed it to exit to whatever plane was designated in that spell. This spell had no effect on minotaurs.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 25, 27. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 211, 258–259. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (August 2000). Player's Handbook 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 252. ISBN 0-7869-1551-4.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 64. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 190. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 184. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Barry A. A. Dillinger (May 1996). “The Dimensional Wizard”. In Pierce Watters ed. Dragon #229 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 50–52.
- ↑ Dale Donovan (January 1998). Cult of the Dragon. (TSR, Inc), pp. 125–126. ISBN 0-7869-0709-6.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 153. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 25, 27. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.