Me-zu oni were skilled warriors and trained to use a variety of weapons, such as halberds, lassos, naginata, swords, spears, tridents, and whips. They were incredibly strong, with the strength of a stone giant.
Me-zu oni had the innate ability to duplicate the effects of cause fear, fly, invisibility, and polymorph self spells at will, and cloud trapeze three times a day. They were powerful spellcasters and were able to cast the spells of a highly skilled wu jen. Their eyesight was incredibly accurate, acting as the equivalent of a true sight spell.
Me-zu oni were servants of the Celestial Emperor. They were soldiers in the army of the Celestial Emperor and commanded go-zu oni into battle. When encountered on the Prime Material Plane, it was usually during a special assignment for the Celestial Bureaucracy.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 James Wyatt (October 2001). Oriental Adventures (3rd edition). (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 179–180. ISBN 0-7869-2015-7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Rick Swan (July 1990). Monstrous Compendium Kara-Tur Appendix. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 46–47. ISBN 0-88038-851-X.
- ↑ Gary Gygax, David Cook, and François Marcela-Froideval (1985). Oriental Adventures. (TSR, Inc), pp. 126–127. ISBN 0-8803-8099-3.
- ↑ James Wyatt (October 2001). Oriental Adventures (3rd edition). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 250. ISBN 0-7869-2015-7.
- ↑ David Cook (1990). The Horde (Volume II). (TSR, Inc), p. 127. ISBN 978-0880388689.