Effects[edit | edit source]
After the Year of Wild Magic, 1372 DR, the caster launched a single arrow of acid from their hand. It had an effective range of over 440 feet (130 meters). If it struck the target, only it was harmed by the acid. For more experienced mages, the acid lingered and continued to burn for an increasing length of time until it was neutralized or the effect expired.
After the Spellplague of 1385 DR, the spell created a shimmering arrow made of a green, glowing liquid. It exploded on contact with its target, burning it and spraying sizzling acid over adjacent creatures to slightly injure them as well. Even on a miss, it was still injurious. The acid continued to burn until removed.
The acid could damage the hulls of most spelljammers, excluding those made of ceramic or glass. As with the effect on creatures, the acid continued to damage the ship for an extended period of time.
Components[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Into the Void
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 68, 210, 259. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Jeremy Crawford, James Wyatt, Keith Baker (November 2019). Eberron: Rising from the Last War. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 58. ISBN 978-0-7869-6692-9.
- Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 160. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 253. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 139. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), p. 124. ISBN 978-1560768289.
- Jeff Grubb (August 1989). “Concordance of Arcane Space”. Spelljammer: AD&D Adventures in Space (TSR, Inc.), pp. 79–80. ISBN 0-88038-762-9.