The Methwood was a dense forest located in the frontier between Chessenta and Unther. After the Spellplague of 1385 DR and until the Second Sundering of the 1480s DR, when the nation of Unther was returned to Toril, the forest was also part of the dragonborn nation of Tymanther.
Flora & FaunaEdit
Although the Methwood was the only significant forest in Unther, Untheran people avoided to chop down its trees because of the numerous monsters that inhabited the area.
The Methwood was inhabited mostly by chimeras and Untheran druids, although the druids had either died or left the forest by the 13th century DR. By the late years of the 14th century, the wood was home for small tribes of elves and half-elves. The green dragon Skuthosiin also had a lair there as well, at least before his death in 1479 DR.
It was rumored that an ancient city of the Turami who lived in this region before the foundation of Unther was lost in the forest. However, nobody had ever found the slightest hint about the location of this city.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Scott Bennie (1990). Old Empires. (TSR, Inc), p. 41. ISBN 0-8803-8821-8.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 187. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 187. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Kim Mohan ed. (2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 13–14. ISBN 978-0786965809.
- ↑ Scott Bennie (1990). Old Empires. (TSR, Inc), p. 40. ISBN 0-8803-8821-8.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Scott Bennie (1990). Old Empires. (TSR, Inc), p. 48. ISBN 0-8803-8821-8.
- ↑ Richard Lee Byers (2010). Whisper of Venom. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 227. ISBN 0786955619.
- ↑ Jeff Crook, Wil Upchurch, Eric L. Boyd (May 2005). Champions of Ruin. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 80. ISBN 0-7869-3692-4.
- ↑ Brian R. James (May 2010). “Backdrop: Chessenta”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dungeon #178 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 70, 75.