Mist dragons had blue to white scales with metallic spots that became more grey as the dragon aged. Its eyes were oceanic colors, usually green, with silver pupils that became more prominent until most of the eye was silver. Mist dragons' physical characteristics included a fin running from the head to the end of its flattened tail. Their head thinned in an arrow-like shape from the snout and ended in a thick neck. Heavy ridges lay over the eyes, two horns protruded from the back of the skull, and clusters of smaller horns sat at the base of its upper jaw.
The mist dragon gave off a rain-like odor.
Mist dragons were antisocial creatures that secluded themselves inside their lairs where they desired no interaction with sentient creatures, spent large periods of time in contemplation, and avoided combat whenever possible.
Mist dragons laired in coastal regions or temperate regions where it rained often, such as grottoes or jungles, but these locales caused them to often be in conflict with green dragons (in forests) and bronze dragons (on coasts). Bronze dragons were usually content to ignore mist dragons but green dragons were often aggressive. A mist dragon would avoid contact for as long as possible until attacking out of frustration or impatience.
Mist dragons had two breath weapons. One was a caustic slime that caused nausea in enemies, typically used to avoid combat where possible. The other was a scalding cone of mist that was used for offensive purposes.
Mist dragons could change form similar to the spell gaseous form. While in this form the dragon was practically invisible in its natural habitat as it appeared to be a cloud of mist, but its flight capabilities were hindered.
Known Mist DragonsEdit
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Card Games
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Grant Boucher, William W. Connors, Steve Gilbert, Bruce Nesmith, Christopher Mortika, Skip Williams (April 1990). Monstrous Compendium Greyhawk Adventures Appendix. Edited by Mike Breault. (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-88038-836-6.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 84. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Eric L. Boyd, Eytan Bernstein (August 2006). Dragons of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 142. ISBN 0-7869-3923-0.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Eric L. Boyd, Eytan Bernstein (August 2006). Dragons of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 143. ISBN 0-7869-3923-0.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (August 1983). Monster Manual II 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 58. ISBN 0-88038-031-4.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Eytan Bernstein (August 2006). Dragons of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 144. ISBN 0-7869-3923-0.
Chromatic dragons: Red • Black • Blue • Green • White • Brown • Gray • Purple • Yellow
Gem dragons: Amethyst • Emerald • Sapphire • Topaz • Crystal • Obsidian
Lung dragons: Chiang lung • Li lung • Lung wang • Pan lung • Shen lung • T'ien lung • Tun mi lung • Yu lung
Planar dragons: Astral • Battle • Chaos • Ethereal • Faerie • Howling • Mirage • Oceanus • Pyroclastic • Radiant • Rust • Shadow • Styx • Tarterian
Miscellaneous dragons: Air • Ascendant • Brainstealer • Dzalmus • Force • Mist • Prismatic • Radiant • Rattelyr • Song • Vishap