Mistress of the Night by Don Bassingthwaite and Dave Gross is the second novel of The Priests series. It tells a story of two priestesses—one of Shar, the other of Selûne—and is set in Yhaunn in Sembia in 1373 DR. It is "a tale of magic, loyalty, and ritual," culminating in the retrieval of The Leaves of One Night by the Shadovar at the end of Eleasis in that year.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
Kythorn, the Year of Rogue Dragons
In the month of Kythorn, in the Year of Rogue Dragons, 1373 DR, a shade priestess named Variance Amatick requests permission from Rivalen Tanthul to leave the city of Shade in search of an ancient text called The Leaves of One Night.
Eleasias, the Year of Rogue Dragons
Two months later, in a small forest clearing outside Yhaunn at dusk, a werewolf named Feena morphs into her human form and begins to get dressed in the clothing that she has carried in a bundle as a wolf. Two bandits discover her half-naked and attempt to steal her silver holy symbol, but she knocks them both unconscious.
Feena enters the city and goes to Moonshadow Hall, the temple of Selûne there, where she is greeted by Mifano and Velsinore. Feena recognizes that there is a power struggle between the two priests. She asks to speak to the High Moonmistress Dhauna Myritar, who she claims has magically sent for her.
Feena is surprised to find that Dhauna has grown very old and frail and seems not herself, even yelling at her assistant Julith. Dhauna explains that she had been having dreams from Selûne, which she believes indicate a conspiracy within Moonshadow Hall, and she asks why Feena took so long to come. Everyone then proceeds to the Full Moon Blessing. After the benediction, Dhauna shocks Feena by calling her forward and announcing her to be the High Moonmistress-Designate, Dhauna's successor.
- Variance Amatick • Rivalen Tanthul • Dhauna Myritar • Julith • Feena Archwood • Stag • Drik • Mifano • Jhezzail • Velsinore • Tam
- Referenced only
- Maleva • Veseene the Lark
- Celestial Bodies
- Selûne (moon)
- Shade Enclave • Yhaunn
- Kythorn • 1373 DR
- holy symbol
- Materials & Substances
- shadowstuff • silver
- short sword • club • mace • Waxing Crescent • Waning Crescent
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Disclaimer: The views expressed in the following links do not necessarily represent the views of the editors of this wiki, nor does any lore presented necessarily adhere to established canon.
- Sample chapter (.zip file, archived on 2006-02-20)
- Character Profile: At Home in Fourstaves House (archived on 2005-01-31)
- Don Bassingthwaite, Dave Gross (December 2004). Mistress of the Night. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 1. ISBN 0-7869-3346-1.
- Don Bassingthwaite, Dave Gross (December 2004). Mistress of the Night. (Wizards of the Coast), p. i. ISBN 0-7869-3346-1.
- Brian R. James, Ed Greenwood (September 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. Edited by Kim Mohan, Penny Williams. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 154. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Don Bassingthwaite, Dave Gross (December 2004). Mistress of the Night. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 1–4. ISBN 0-7869-3346-1.
- Don Bassingthwaite, Dave Gross (December 2004). Mistress of the Night. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 4–7. ISBN 0-7869-3346-1.
- Don Bassingthwaite, Dave Gross (December 2004). Mistress of the Night. (Wizards of the Coast), chap. 1. ISBN 0-7869-3346-1.