After ten minutes of casting, this spell could create a region of privacy with a total volume of at least 150 cubic feet or greater, depending on the power of the caster. This "private sanctum" could be placed anywhere within a short distance from the caster and could be shaped to the caster's specifications. Anyone within the sanctum was protected from all scrying spells and the detection of thoughts. Anyone speaking within the sanctum could not be heard by those outside. Finally, it was impossible to see into the sanctum from outside; those trying to look in saw only a black fog, which not even darkvision could pierce.
Within the sanctum, vision and sound functioned normally, and those inside could hear and see whatever was outside. Nothing prevented anyone from entering or exiting the private area physically.
- Ebarnaje, the King of Snakes, a powerful dark naga.
- The Faceless Incanter, a simulacrum created by Hadrhune.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 211, 262. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 256. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd, Darrin Drader (July 2004). Serpent Kingdoms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 30. ISBN 0-7869-3277-5.
- ↑ Greg A. Vaughan, Skip Williams, Thomas M. Reid (November 2007). Anauroch: The Empire of Shade. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 83. ISBN 0-7869-4362-9.