Morning stars (also "morningstar") were a simple type of one-handed melee weapon.
Morningstars were very similar to a spiked club, but with refinements. Their shafts were usually made of wood and longer than a heavy mace. Their heads were typically round and covered in metal set. Around twenty spikes were set into this metal, radiating like a star, with the biggest spike extending straight from the top..
Morningstar were typically wielded one-handed and did both bludgeoning and piercing damage. It was a simple weapon that did not require any training for most classes.
- Cracker and Whacker, the chief weapons of Athrogate
- The gods Hruggek and Memnor were known to consider morningstars their favored weapon.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 149. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 35, 37. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ Grant Boucher, Troy Christensen, Jon Pickens, John Terra and Scott Davis (1991). Arms and Equipment Guide. (TSR, Inc.), p. 108. ISBN 1-56076-109-1.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 116, 119. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 218. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- ↑ Jeremy Crawford, Stephen Schubert (September 2011). Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 21. ISBN 978-0786957446.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (September 2014). Rise of the King. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 315. ISBN 0-7869-6515-0.
- ↑ David Noonan (May 2004). Complete Divine. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 124. ISBN 0-7869-3272-4.
- ↑ Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 137. ISBN 0-7869-2875-1.