Mummies were the undead guardians of tombs and vaults of honored dead (such as kings or nobility of the ancient world). They patrolled their homes with dedication, remaining alert for signs of tomb robbers or others who would desecrate their assigned lair.
- Creature mummy: These were made of corpses of animals and non-humanoids, such as centaurs.
- Bog mummy: corpses preserved through the natural action of bogs or swamps and animated through evil magic.
- Clay mummy: Unlike standard mummies, clay mummies were vulnerable to bludgeoning weapons rather than fire.
- Crawling apocalypse: A creature that resembles a giant mummified octopus.
- Greater mummy: These were mummified priests of a god who were imbued with dark magic.
- Hunefer: These mummies of demigods whose power has not utterly departed to astral realms.
- Huecuva: Huecuva are created from divine or oath-bound creatures who have failed in their vows.
- Ice mummy: A creature that succumbs to an ice mummy's rot freezes and shatters, melting into nothing at the first thaw.
- Ka: A type of mummy of an ancient king, priest, or lord. Though much like a normal mummy, it inflicts no mummy rot, but curses.
- Mummy lord: Mummy lords are often potent spellcasters. They are found as guardians of the tombs of high lords, priests, and mages.
- Resurrected mummy: These mummies are formed from the wrapped corpse of a dead body, the ashes of a dead creature, and a necromancer's stone.
- Salt mummy: Ancient corpses of humanoids preserved by being buried in salt. Salt mummies were generally very evil when they were alive.
- Swarm-shifter: These mummies appear like a normal undead until their body explodes into a swarm of smaller creatures.
- Kesefehon, an elven commander of Myth Drannor who died of an unknown disease that turned him into a mummy after his death. In 1369 DR, he was trapped in his undead state inside his crypt in Myth Drannor's Polyandrium.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- Dungeon #19: "House of Cards" • Pool of Radiance: Attack on Myth Drannor • Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land
- The Ring of Winter • Canticle • Neverwinter
- Video Games
- Pool of Radiance • Gateway to the Savage Frontier • Treasures of the Savage Frontier • Dungeon Hack • Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse • Descent to Undermountain • Icewind Dale • Neverwinter Nights • Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark • Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear • Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford
- Card Games
- AD&D Trading Cards • Dragonfire (Corruption in Calimshan)
- Tom Moldvay (October 1993). “Beyond the Grave”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #198 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 20–29;39.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 228–229.. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 190–191.. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Terry Edwards (October 2002). “The Ecology of...: Shrouded in Death”. In Jesse Decker ed. Dragon #300 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), pp. 78–83.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 228–229. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 192. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 190–191. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 261. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 72. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- Scott Bennie (February 1990). Old Empires. Edited by Mike Breault. (TSR, Inc.), p. 74. ISBN 978-0880388214.
- Mark Middleton et al (March 1998). Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Three. (TSR, Inc), p. 604. ISBN 978-0786907915.
- Jon Pickens ed. (1995). Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Two. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 89–90. ISBN 0-7869-0199-3.
- Richard Pengelly, Brian Walton (August 1997). “The Dragon's Bestiary: The Other Mummies”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #238 (TSR, Inc.), p. 85.
- Terry Edwards (October 2002). “The Ecology of...: Shrouded in Death”. In Jesse Decker ed. Dragon #300 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 85.
- Jennifer Clarke-Wilkes, Bruce R. Cordell and JD Wiker (March 2005). Sandstorm. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 143. ISBN 0-7869-3655-X.
- William W. Connors (1991). Monstrous Compendium Ravenloft Appendix. (TSR, Inc.), p. 41. ISBN 9781560761082.
- Andy Collins, Bruce R. Cordell (July 2002). Epic Level Handbook. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 198–199. ISBN 0-7869-2658-9.
- Richard Pengelly, Brian Walton (August 1997). “The Dragon's Bestiary: The Other Mummies”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #238 (TSR, Inc.), p. 86.
- Tom Moldvay (October 1993). “Beyond the Grave”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #198 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 21–22.
- Andrew Finch, Gwendolyn Kestrel, Chris Perkins (August 2004). Monster Manual III. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 146. ISBN 0-7869-3430-1.
- Libris Mortis: Book of the Undead pg. 123
- William W. Connors (1996). Monstrous Compendium - Ravenloft Appendices I & II. (TSR, Inc.), p. 70. ISBN 0786903929.
- Sean K. Reynolds (2000). Pool of Radiance: Attack on Myth Drannor. Edited by Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 31. ISBN 0-7869-1710-5.