The Necromantic sphere was a group of spells granted to clerics and, to a lesser degree, monks and crusaders. These powerful spells could restore life force, limbs, or even forgotten experiences. Wielded by an evil priest, they were extremely deadly.
Spells in the Necromantic Sphere
Beginner spellcasters of this sphere could cast:
Novice divine spellcasters were able to cast:
Somewhat skilled spellcasters were able to cast:
- animate dead
- cure/cause blindness or deafness
- cure/cause disease
- feign death
- negative plane protection
- remove paralysis
- speak with dead
Intermediate divine casters had the ability to use:
Those with a high level of skill had access to:
Divine spellcasters who had mastered this sphere could cast:
- breath of life/death
- restoration/energy drain
- Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 34. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 33. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 34. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 50. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 186. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
|Spheres of Influence (2nd ed.)|
|All • Animal • Astral • Chaos • Charm • Combat • Creation • Divination • Elemental • Elem. Air • Elem. Earth • Elem. Fire • Elem. Water • Guardian • Healing • Law • Necromantic • Numbers • Plant • Protection • Summoning • Sun • Thought • Time • Travelers • War • Wards • Weather|