Neverwinter: Storm King's Thunder is a campaign expansion module for the Neverwinter massive-multiplayer role-playing game. Released in February 2017, the expansion added a new campaign, several new adventure zones, a new dungeon and numerous other updates. The campaign module had its own expansion, Sea of Moving Ice, which concluded the storyline introduced in the Storm King's Thunder campaign.
Features[edit | edit source]
- New Adventure Zones: Bryn Shander, Lonelywood, Cold Run, Sea of Moving Ice
- New Campaign: Storm King's Thunder
- New Fangbreaker Island dungeon
- New item progression system - Ostorian Relics
- Major class balancing revamp for Guardian Fighter, Hunter Ranger, and Scourge Warlock.
- Queue system, companion, enchantment, campaign, and PvP updates
- 5 new insignia bonuses
- Invocation revamp
Plot[edit | edit source]
When the town of Bryn Shander decided to hold a special celebration, Lord Neverember decided that the Heroes of Sleeping Draogn Bridge, along with Makos and Xuna should represent Neverwinter. They were soon presented with strange occurrences, such as creatures that were frozen solid in Rothé Valley as well as frost giant assaults and great icy blasts in Bryn Shander. Working with Speaker Duvessa Shane, the group investigated the blast's epicenter, encountering the brave barbarian Wulfgar along the way. Finally, they encountered an icy cocoon that they believed held the body of Artus Cimber and his son Sirac. In order to free Artus and his son, the group traveled to Lonelywood and back, enlisting the aid of Wulfgar's adventuring companion Catti-brie.
Using a thistle from Catti-brie's garden in Lonelywood Artus and Sirac were freed from the cocoon. Artus shared the information that the frost giants had wrested the ring of Winter from him, and taken it to their leader Storvald on Fangbreaker Island. During the trek to the isle, the heroes and their allies enlisted the aid a giant of their own Harshnag, and together they fought off Drufi and her forces. They were overwhelmed during the battle, and Makos had to sacrifice himself in order to allow his allies to escape. The party regrouped after their defeat, infiltrated Harshwind Hold to defeat Drufi, but were unable to recover the ring.
Sea of Moving Ice[edit | edit source]
Fortunately, the Artus Cimber had with the ring granted him insight as to its presence in the Sea of Moving Ice. Aided by the Arcane Brotherhood and the Elk Tribe, along with the frost giant Serissa, the group began an assault of Svardborg. They defeated Jarl Storvald in combat and allowed Artus Cimber to depart the North with the ring of Winter safely in his possession.[note 1]
Index[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Alden Lowell • Artus Cimber • Avandro Perth • Catti-brie • Cecil • Dahlia Harlis • Dereth Hope • Drufi • Duvessa Shane • Fangstrom • Frijin • ghost of Bryn Shander • Gurglin Hexcaller • Harris Manstin • Harshnag • Harshten • Hati • Heimstal • Jorl • Kavatos Stormeye • Makos • Maluk Whalewalker • Markham Southwell • Nord Gantara • Serissa • Storvald • Tam Arret • Xuna • Wulfgar
- Referenced only
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- dragon turtle • frost goblin • ice troll • knucklehead trout • remorhaz • yeti
- Creatures used as bait
- krill • lugworm
- Creatures found from fishing
- crustaceans (duskwalker • emperor crab • rock lobster • sorceror shrimp) • eel (Icewind eel • wolf eel) • endoceras • fish (anglerfish • archaeus • arctic blindfish • arctic char • arctic goby • arctic skate • beholderfish • coelacanth • devilfish • enchodus • flailfish • glacefish • halibut • ice climber • icewind smelt • monkfish • polar oarfish • silvertail barracuda • sturgeon • Swordsea bass • Trackless sailfish) • giant clam • giant squid • gorgonocephalus • nautilus • oyster • Queen's knife • rift dragon • shark (goblin shark • gurry shark • sleeper shark) • slug (chiton • sea deva) • urchin (snow barb)
Magic[edit | edit source]
- ring of Winter
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Fangbreaker Island
- Shrine of Mielikki
- Icewind Dale • Ten Towns
- Bryn Shander • Knucklehead camp • Lonelywood • Rothé Valley
- Referenced only
Organizations[edit | edit source]
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- borax • dragon shell oil • lanolin • Ostorian residuum • voninblod
- Ice Hunters' Khyek
Appendix[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to conflicts with the 5th edition adventure modules, not all plot elements of the Neverwinter video game and its expansions are considered canon. This is especially true in instances where the most plot-crucial encounters in both the adventures and expansion modules coincide with one another.