|This page or article may contain a bulleted list of calendar events and be transcluded by other pages. Please do not alter the format or delete the "On This Day" heading/section even if it is empty.|
30 Nightal, or the 30th of the Drawing Down, is the last day of the year in the Calendar of Harptos.
|Calendar of Harptos|
|Feast of the Moon|
On This Day
- Worshipers of Geb call today the Day of Drawing Down, commemorating those who died beneath the earth by collapsing the entrance to an abandoned mine shaft.
- Priests of Jergal stop working at sundown and begin the Night of Another Year by reading the names of the deceased they have recorded all year before burning or filing their scrolls.
- In 1371 DR, the outpost of Rocnest was lost to the phaerimm when elvish and Waterdhavian troops, led by Khelben Arunsun, arrived too late to turn the tide of battle.
- In 1374 DR, a band of elite elven commandos, led by Storm Silverhand and Dove Falconhand, attempted to infiltrate Shadowdale. The Shadow Weave in the area reacted badly with the silver fire of the two Chosen of Mystra and they were forced to teleport away, severely wounded, leaving their companions behind.
- In Zakhara the last day of Saris was Wizard's Day. Magical displays and parades honoring the sha'irs and other practitioners of the art occurred in major Zakharan cities.
- Eric L. Boyd (September 1997). Powers & Pantheons. Edited by Julia Martin. (TSR, Inc.), p. 100. ISBN 978-0786906574.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. Edited by Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 142. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- Eric L. Boyd (September 1997). Powers & Pantheons. Edited by Julia Martin. (TSR, Inc.), p. 33. ISBN 978-0786906574.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. Edited by Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 99. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 167, 170. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- Brian R. James, Ed Greenwood (September 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. Edited by Kim Mohan, Penny Williams. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 158. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Tim Beach, Tom Prusa and Steve Kurtz (1993). “Golden Huzuz”. City of Delights (TSR, Inc), pp. 18–19. ISBN 1-56076-589-5.