Nightshades were a horrifying mixture of death and darkness, made more frightening by their alien intelligence and spellcasting powers. All nightshades were surrounded by an aura of desecration that could draw life from the living. Their powers were considerably enhanced in darkness, but they were also greatly weakened by natural sunlight. Nightshades communicated telepathically.
- Nightcrawlers were enormous black worms, similar in size and strength to a purple worm. Despite their shape, they were deviously intelligent and accomplished spellcasters.
- Taller than a building, nightwalkers were nightmarish giants yet also excellent stalkers.
- A nightwing resembled an enormous bat made of darkness. Virtually invisible, they could drain magic from an enchanted item.
- Resembling giant gargoyles, nighthaunts had strategic minds and were known to lead armies of undead.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 195–197. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 162–163. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. p. 14. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Ed Bonny, Travis Stout (February 2005). Lost Empires of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 185–186. ISBN 0-7869-3654-1.