Nihal, sometimes called the Serpent Star, was a star-like Elder Evil from the Far Realm who had taken a place among stars of Realmspace. Unlike normal stars, Nihal didn't have a fixed place in the sky but instead danced and wavered across Realmspace.
Nihal writhed around the position it should hold in the sky, and because of that it was called the Serpent Star. Sometimes Nihal sent its agents to Toril, the Serpents of Nihal, to feed on living things so Nihal could sate its hunger. Some scholars believed Nihal was the brother of another elder evil, Kyuss, or even the same being observed from two different points in time.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mike Mearls, Greg Bilsland and Robert J. Schwalb (June 15, 2010). Monster Manual 3 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 186. ISBN 0786954902.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 179. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Bruce R. Cordell (2009). City of Torment. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 184. ISBN 978-07869-5184-0.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Bruce R. Cordell (September 2011). “Class Acts—Warlock: Strange Constellations”. In Steve Winter ed. Dragon #403 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 2.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell (August 2008). “Wish Upon a Star”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dragon #366 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 18.
Comets: K'Thoutek • King-Killer Star
Nebulae: Galleon Nebula • Color Spray Nebula
Far Realm-infested stars: Acamar • Caiphon • Delban • Gibbeth • Hadar • Khirad • Nihal • Zhudun
Other astronomical bodies: Caer Windlauer • Skull of the Void • Sargassos