Nycaloths (pronounced: /ˈnaɪkəloʊθ/ NY-kuh-loth), later known as nycademons, were the elite cavalry in yugoloth armies, swooping down onto enemy flanks and tearing up unsuspecting troops.
These arrogant, green-skinned creatures were eight feet (240 centimeters) tall and possessed four muscular arms, a doglike head and a pair of vast, bat-like wings. Nycaloth commanders were larger than their fellows, and led entire battalions into war.
Nycaloths most commonly used weapons. They were fond of giant two-headed axes. These axes were very commonly enchanted, with 90% being magical in nature.Enchantment spells will never affect them.
Despite the fact that nycaloths were possibly the most powerful of the greater yugoloths (daemons), they were afforded the least status. They always acted in a careful and calculating manner. They had the innate ability to travel to any of the lower planes at will. They commonly traveled to Nine Hells and the Abyss in order to scout the Blood War.
They were bitter of the status of the other greater yugoloths. They were constantly planning and scheming to increase their status among yugoloths.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 311–312, 314. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Andrew Finch, Gwendolyn Kestrel, Chris Perkins (September 2004). Monster Manual III. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 202–203. ISBN 0-7869-3430-1.
- ↑ J. Paul LaFountain (1991). Monstrous Compendium: Outer Planes Appendix. Edited by Timothy B. Brown. (TSR, Inc.), p. 5. ISBN 1-56076-055-9.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1993). Ruins of Myth Drannor: Campaign Guide. (TSR, Inc), p. 6. ISBN 1-5607-6569-0.
- ↑ Christopher Perkins, Will Doyle, Steve Winter (September 19, 2017). Tomb of Annihilation. Edited by Michele Carter, Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 178. ISBN 978-0-7869-6610-3.