Nymphs were fey that typically resembled Tel-quessir women, not just physically beautiful, but literally blindingly so. They usually dwelt in forests, streams, waterfalls, or coves. They were the guardians and protectors of these and the portals to the faerie realm. It was said that their beauty could lead anyone who gazed upon them either blindness, madness, or even death. However, they could suppress this ability if they wished. They absolutely hated anything that was either evil or ugly.
Their queen was more powerful than their king. They had the ability to wield the power of nature. They celebrated many different festivals. They tended to live near hollow hills. They were immortal.
They were very similar to wood elves in most cases; for instance, they had markedly pointed ears. Nymphs were always female, possessing incredible beauty that was dangerous to behold. As such, they were the frequent target of satyrs and lecherous human males.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Johnathan M. Richards (October 1997). “The Ecology of the Nymph”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #240 (TSR, Inc.), p. 73.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 197. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 270. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 74. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. pp. 10–15. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.