King Obould XVII was the seventeenth king of the Obould dynasty, ruling over the orc kingdom of Many-Arrows in the Silver Marches in the 1470s and early 1480s DR. He reigned from Dark Arrow Keep.
Obould XVII's reign was strong around 1479 DR. At the time, he sent forces to investigate options in the city of Neverwinter. However, the lieutenant he sent to achieve this, a power-hungry orc named Vansi, allied herself with the Abolethic Sovereignty and rather than reporting back to her king, risked turning herself and her warriors into pawns.
In the Year of the Awakened Sleepers, 1484 DR, after the Darkening, Obould started to lose control of his chieftains. Soon after, under the orders of Tiago Baenre and Ravel Xorlarrin, he was killed by the drow assassin Belween, who'd disguised himself as the orc prince Lorgru, who had been kidnapped previously.
As with all his predecessors, Obould XVII inflicted lethal punishments on unruly chieftains. They were sent to battle in the Pit in Dark Arrow Keep; while survival would receive a pardon, Obould XVII gave a slow-acting poison to those he especially wanted to be rid of.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 149. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 R.A. Salvatore (September 2014). Rise of the King. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-6515-0.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 R.A. Salvatore (November 2013). “History Check:Dark Arrow Keep”. In Steve Winter ed. Dragon #429 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 4–9.
- ↑ Matt Sernett, Erik Scott de Bie, Ari Marmell (August 2011). Neverwinter Campaign Setting. Edited by Tanis O'Connor. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 120–121. ISBN 0-7869-5814-6.
- ↑ Shawn Merwin, Steve Townshend and James Wyatt (August 2012). War of Everlasting Darkness. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 18–23.